stupid google -->

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Google Search AJAX

Well I have finally gotten round to adding the AJAX search toolbar to my blog. huffalum-tech.blogspot.com

Its rather cool. =) But it is a little unstable at the moment, does anyone know why? I also embed meebo, would that be a problem?

Anyways just to answer some queries, if you see only a "clear" link.

It is likely that you have not gotten for yourself an application key from google.

Read the following for more info:



gOOGLE ajax sEARCH blOG


Google AJAX search examples


Good related article from tech2all

Get your AJAX search Key


The reason I have placed a link to activate the AJAX, is that loading it in the header seems to interact with the meebo loading and making my FIrefox crash (or any other browser for that matter, I have tried IE, Opera).

Now it can load as per normal and I activate the search if I need it, I will probably try to do something similar to the meebo widget.

However the AJAX widget is still behaving strangly, say if i activate it and then go to another site and then click on the "back" button of the browser, FF will crash.

I think it is a javascript problem, very likely a variable is becoming null or something.

If anyone can point me to a debug tool or suggest what may be wrong please let me know!

1 Comments:

Blogger god_is_good478 said...

My sis and I have tested it on FF 1.5 and it works, FF 1.4 crashes though

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->
Clear | Activate AJAX Google Search | |
Firefox 2
Support Wikipedia